Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated QC Analyst to join our team!
This is an exciting opening for an analyst who wants to be part of team that makes world a better place.
This opportunity is a temp-to-hire position with eligibility to convert in six months.
How You’ll Contribute
- Follow lab protocols and procedures, and assist in optimizing workflows
- Manage shared laboratory equipment, perform required instrument calibrations as needed and support instrument maintenance
- Maintain accurate and thorough batch records and ensure quality control data is accounted for manufactured goods and materials
- Perform quality control assays of buffers, reagents and finished goods
- Formulation of experimental reagents
- Ensure quality control testing performed by internal or external vendors is on track to meet production deadlines
- Assist in defining specifications for quality control testing performed
- Track and trend quality control data to assess changes in products
- Monitor, track and maintain inventory of raw materials and lab consumables
- Work closely with Chemistry and Biochemistry R&D to develop necessary quality control assays to ensure production of quality finished goods
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, bioengineering, or closely related field
- 1-2 years experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably in a quality control environment
- Exceptional micro-pipetting required
- Familiarity with GDP, GMP and GLP
- Working knowledge of UV Spectrophotometers, plate readers, pH and Conductivity meters
- Basic wet lab skills – weighing, measuring, pH, mixing, using balances, serological pipettes
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, ability to follow complex operating procedures (SOPs) with reproducible results and thorough documentation of work
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required, inventory management software and LIMS familiarity a plus
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.