Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Accountant to join our team!
How You'll Contribute
- Verify vendor invoices against POs, obtaining purchase requestor’s approval (for items that do not require receipts), and enter vendor invoices into accounting system (NetSuite) in a timely manner
- Review vendor invoices and POs to determine the appropriate GL accounts, departments, etc to use in entering vendor invoices
- Work with Procurement and Warehouse/Receiving to resolve vendor invoices received that do not match with the PO and/or receiving
- Verify and reconcile credit card statements and enter credit card transactions into accounting system
- Process vendor payments
- Review expense reports, process payments and respond to questions related to expense reimbursements
- Manage vendor relationships, respond to vendor inquiries about payment status, request W9 from vendors
- Maintain vendor information in the accounting system accurately and timely
- Manage the filing of the Company’s documents (electronic & hard copies), such as vendor invoices, expense reports, credit card statements and tax documents
- Assist with the review of PO coding in the accounting system
- Assist with month-end close, such as open PO accrual, balance sheet reconciliation, recurring journal entries
- Assist with the preparation of tax filings, such as 1099, property tax, use tax, franchise tax and income tax returns
- Assist with the Company’s fixed assets tracking and perform fixed asset count as needed
- Other ad hoc office tasks as requested
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business administration or equivalent is preferred
- 1-2 years of accounting experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge and practical work experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel skills, including Vlookups, pivot tables, is preferred)
- Reasonable knowledge of US GAAP
- Must have great organizational skills
- Be detail-oriented with focus on accuracy
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment, with proven ability to maintain composure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, and dependability
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves; most importantly, a good sense of humor!
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.