Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Researcher to join our team!
The team will be focused on building new applications and tools for the technology our company is building. The work will include collaboration with external clients, developing new methods to analyze data and implementing them to drive impactful results.
How You’ll Contribute
- Develop core algorithms and tools that underlie the company activity
- Develop tools to analyze single cell data sets
- Create tools that streamline the research process
- Present your results to collaborators and other members of the team, and engage in brainstorming sessions
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- MSc./PhD in Bioinformatics/Computer science
- Strong statistical background with hands-on experience in statistical modeling, parametric and non-parametric hypothesis testing and multiple hypothesis correction.
- Hands-on experience with statistical models for single cell analysis - an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in analysis of NGS data, emphasizing RNA-seq, from normalization of read counts to downstream analysis such as differential expression and gene set enrichment.
- Strong background in machine-learning, including hands-on experience in developing and evaluating supervised and unsupervised predictive models.
- Experience in python/R development.
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.