Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our team!
We are seeking a data engineer to join a small team responsible for monitoring the performance of complex scientific instruments.
You will have solid knowledge of both infrastructure and software engineering. You will build a cloud-based program for monitoring performance of a fleet of scientific instruments. You will manage the information flow from on-premise software characterizing these instruments, through databasing of characterization metrics, to the monitoring and alerting system. You will flag instrument misbehavior in near-real time at field sites, and alert the field service team when problems are detected. You will integrate a searchable troubleshooting database into the cloud-based monitoring solution to assist FSEs in root-causing detected problems.
How You’ll Contribute
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, system engineers, and the field service team.
- Write and maintain production-quality, well-documented code.
- Perform software quality assurance testing (SQA).
- Collaborate across teams on priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in DevOps, infrastructure engineering or software engineering.
- SQA experience.
- Experience developing and managing cloud-based applications.
- Experience with databases, REST API and/or SQL experience preferred.
- Experience with dashboard development (Grafana, Tableau, etc) and alerting tools.
- Search engine experience a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.