Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer. Backend to join our team!
We are looking for a Python Software engineer to build functional and efficient python-based server-side applications. Software engineer responsibilities include taking part in the full cycle of developing new capabilities, from design, implementation, and testing. If you are a passionate professional with a love for novel back-end technologies, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal is to create high-quality products that meet customer needs
How You’ll Contribute
- Participate in the design of new pipelines backend infrastructure and product requirements
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Integrate with Machine Learning components
- Manage testing and bug fixes
- Prepare technical design documentation
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Degree in Computer Science (not a must; we're always looking for super talented people)
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience working with Python
- Familiarity with public cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge in workflow management systems (e.g., Airflow, Prefect, Luigi, etc.) – an advantage
- Familiarity with Containers (docker) and Orchestrators (K8S) – an advantage
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark) – an advantage
- Team player, autodidact with great interpersonal skills
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.