Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lab Technician to join our team!
The successful candidate will play a key hands-on role in the molecular biology-based assay and technology development using various prototype and commercial instruments.
This opportunity is a temp-to-hire position with eligibility to convert in six months. Shift 1 (Wednesday – Saturday)
How You’ll Contribute
- Assist in the development of novel molecular biology assays, methods and transfer technology to product development.
- Execute experiments in-tube and on early-stage prototype instruments.
- Assist in the development and optimization of workflows, user interfaces, and other relevant tools and procedures related to the experiments, instruments and product development.
- The candidate will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of the work, and clear communication of results in the group settings.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biomedical engineering or closely related field.
- Previous experience of at least 6-12 months with a wide-variety of biochemistry and molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis, amplification, qPCR, buffer making, DNA sequencing, molecular cloning in a wet lab setting.
- Hands on experience of at least 6-12 months running, calibrating and troubleshooting experiments, instruments, and tools such as thermal cyclers, flow cytometers, bioanalyzer, protein/DNA quantification tools and gel electrophoresis devices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and basic computer skills
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, and a can-do attitude.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.