Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Scientist, Applications Product Development to join our team!
You will combine a strong scientific background in genomics, library preparation and applications development. You will be responsible for delivering highly robust and productizable workflows.
How You’ll Contribute
- Technical lead on genomics, library prep and applications development projects
- Develops, optimizes, and validates customer-facing workflows and reagent kits
- Defines timelines and milestones
- Design of experiment and hands-on execution
- Collaborates with molecular biologists, applications scientists, sample preparation experts, and bioinformaticians
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- A degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or biophysics. PhD and 5 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of experience.
- 6+ years of genomics industry experience
- Prior experience with genomics, library prep and method development
- Prior experience with product development of genomics reagents and kits
- Solid scientific understanding and education background in molecular biology is necessary
- Knowledgeable and experienced with a broad variety of library preparation techniques and optimizations thereof
- Knowledge in DOE and statistical methods for experimental data analysis
- Working knowledge of a variety of genomics
- Preferably experienced in bringing projects from conceptions to product
- Experienced in collaborating and communicating with other scientific stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a can-do attitude will be needed in our fast-paced team
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.