Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Microfabrication Engineer to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Process development and support for multiple microfabrication and metrology tools
- Collaborate with and support engineers, scientists, and other team members microfabrication R&D projects
- Rigorous design of experiments with meticulous record keeping, working under design control
- Develop and implement meaningful QC metrics from R&D to production line
- Support writing and maintaining production SOPs
- Actively participate in laboratory quality and EHS programs
- Adhere to company policies and stays in compliance with all federal, state, and local agencies
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Cleanroom microfabrication experience highly desired
- Process development & troubleshooting experience with the following methods: spin coating, PVD, CVD, PECVD, ALD, photolithography, nanoimprint lithography, soft lithography, wet etch, dry etch, RCA clean, lift-off, plating
- Strong background in metrology and surface characterization including some or all of the following highly desirable: optical microscopy, AFM, XPS, FTIR, SEM, zeta potential, fluorescence microscopy
- Lean six sigma experience and SPC monitoring a plus
- Has outstanding time/operation management abilities
- Image processing and data analysis skills with some or all of the following a plus: Python, FIJI, JMP, Matlab, Octave, R
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Is a high energy, results-oriented and collaborates effectively with other teams
- Experience with GMP/ISO a plus
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.