Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated System Manufacturing Technician to join our team!
We are producing a cool product while trying to learn new technologies and have fun alongside our great team members. There is a ton of potential for growth within the organization/company. The excitement is just beginning!
This opportunity is a temp-to-hire position with eligibility to convert in six months..
How You’ll Contribute
- Integrate sub-assemblies; including automation testing and documentation
- Track and manage system configuration and Engineering Change Order processes
- Understand and troubleshoot the instrumentation hardware at a component, subsystem, and system level; software, electrical and mechanical
- Use internal software to collect data in Excel for device history record and system bring-up
- Establish an understanding of module-module interactions.
- Identify potential design and process improvements
- Integrate ECOs and procedures to customer units
- Develop work instructions for manufacturing system integration and automation testing
- Perform installation checklists
- Support the successful transfer of our technology to customer sites
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Associates in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Physics is preferred +2 years
- Ability to communicate with multiples teams (software, IT, design engineering, systems, etc.)
- Familiar with DropBox, PLMs, network engineering
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great attitude and wiliness to learn
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.