Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated People Development Manager to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Create the end-to-end People Strategy, driving the creation and execution of people-related programs and initiatives that foster employee engagement as a cohesive and creative work environment
- Develop communication materials to support employee events and experiences, including thoughtful communication plans and internal messages for distribution across multiple channels
- Help build, launch, and lead initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs including the implementation various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, online training)
- Help develop and deliver training programs that are key in supporting achievement of business strategies through individual and group development sessions
- Manage/administer employee education assistance program
- Foster positive employer-employee relationship. Ensure that employee relation issues, including the investigation and resolution of employee complaints, are managed effectively and efficiently. Be able to bring up employee morale or performance observations/issues to the functional manager level and escalate it to the management team when needed
- Partner with office admin team in planning and execution of internal company events
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or equivalent education and/or experience. HR certification is a plus
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience
- 1 - 2 years of managerial experience
- Experience working in a high growth company and demonstrated success in launching and maintaining a people development programs
- Thorough understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Experience designing, leading, and executing programs that drive change
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Understanding of diversity and inclusion challenges in a fast-growing company including how to scale programs for the future
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.