Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lab Technician to join our team!
This is an exciting opening for an experienced wet lab technician who wants to be part of team that makes world a better place. This opportunity is a temp-to-hire position with eligibility to convert in six months.
How You’ll Contribute
- Work closely with Systems Engineering and Development Groups to verify and validate
product operational and performance requirements
- Follow lab protocols and procedures to operate development systems and deliver test results
- Manage shared laboratory equipment and ensure equipment is up to date with calibration
and maintenance procedures
- Analyze quality control metrics for instrument runs and prepare data sets for analysis
- Document and escalate issues identified through the course of testing development
- Prepare, characterize, and qualify reagents, buffers and consumables using both standard
and customized techniques and tools
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or closely
- Experience working in a lab environment
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Wet lab and intensive pipetting experience is a plus
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.