Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Staff Scientist to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Lead Template Preparation Development for sequencing systems from sample through amplification
- Keep current with NGS methodologies
- Work closely with project leads of R&D teams and solicit feedback to improve product performance
- Independently develop, execute, and analyze assays and experiments to characterize the system
- Collect and analyze data; communicates findings to cross-functional scientific teams
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment comprising biochemists, molecular biologists, and engineers to drive toward company goals
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- A degree in chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering, organic chemistry, or a closely related field - Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related experience, MS and 13+ years of related experience, or a PhD and 10+ years of experience.
- Hands-on experience within R&D wet lab environment is required.
- In-depth knowledge in NGS techniques from library preparation through assay development.
- Broad knowledge of biochemistry / molecular biology.
- Experience/expertise in bioconjugation, on surface amplification, isothermal amplification, organic chemistry is beneficial
- Must be proficient and comfortable with the safe use of common chemistry and molecular biology lab equipment
- Enjoys hands-on laboratory work and spending most of their working hours in the lab
- Excellent communicator. Understands the differentiation and utilization of data driven deep dives and high-level summaries as well as goal setting. Has outstanding time/operation management abilities.
- Fast learner with a strong sense of urgency, a can-do attitude, and motivational skill to get the best out of team and co-workers. Loves and thrives in a fast paced and demanding startup environment.
- Adheres to company guidelines & policies, including safety, environmental, and COVID-related policies.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.