Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Technician to join our team!
You will be joining a team responsible for delivering a quality complex analytical system to product launch. Over time you will become well versed in all aspects of system and understand that changing one thing can have large implications. You will work in a fast-paced engineering environment and must communicate with many different individual contributors and project leads. You must enjoy hands on work and actively working toward the success of R&D, product launch, and the company.
How You’ll Contribute
- Upkeep, maintain and define processes to ensure maintainability of instrumentation, starting with internal instrumentation then rolling out to the field
- Executing tests on systems and subsystems to address reliability and robustness
- Analyzing test data and working to understand expected and unexpected results
- Consolidating and summarizing failure data from existing tools to communicate to larger design teams and ensure success of the subassembly or product
- Root-cause failure analysis of components or sub-systems
- Troubleshooting complex systems consisting of robotic, fluidic, and optical components
- Coordinating with different design groups to address changes affecting multiple aspects of a system
- Documenting test procedures and pass/fail criteria based on data for product launch
- Become a instrument expert and be able to work cross-functionally to ensure product launch success
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- An associate's degree minimum or >5 years relevant experience
- >2 years experience in working with complex systems is preferred
- Solid critical thinking skills: ability to deep dive into cause-effect to understand why something may fail
- Python or C# (is a plus)
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.