Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Material Handler to join our team!
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of material for our business. Responsibilities will include storing inventory, kitting materials for work orders, processing MRB transactions, material movements, and cycle counting. You will work with staff across departments to provide material services across the company. You will play an important role in the deployment and commercialization of technology and products that will have a major impact on the medical and life sciences fields.
How You’ll Contribute
- Stock material accurately, in the designated stockroom locations
- Pull material for R&D, Production, and kitting for Contract Manufacturer
- Label and package incoming material for appropriate storage
- Receives, unpack, count, and process material through our receiving system verifying physical receipt against the packing slip or transfer orders
- Visually inspects incoming material for acceptance and QSM is used if appropriate
- Process non-conforming material into MRB and return to vendor
- Compare identifying information for outgoing shipments verifying that the documents (part numbers, quantity, ship-to, etc.) match the physical shipment
- Ability to run daily cycle count and reconciliation of material to meet inventory accuracy objectives
- Work in close collaboration with the supply chain team (buyers and planners)
- Assist and resolve any discrepancies
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in all functions of material
- High degree of business ethics and accountability
- Very detail oriented and focused on transactions accuracy
- Mindset focused on customer service (both internal and external)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects- prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Ability to tackle daily tasks with a real sense of priority and urgency
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in using PLM and ERP, NetSuite experience desired
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Forklift Certification required
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.