Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Field Installation Manager to join our team!
As a Field Installation Manager, you will drive the expansion of the Stealth Mode Startup platform to our first customer sites. While a manager on the Field Service Engineering team, you will grow and manage a specialized team of FSEs to handle the tool placement facilities integration, IQ, OQ and system handoffs.
How You'll Contribute
- Manage platform installation projects across our national rollout plan
- Hire, train and manage a growing team of specialized installation specialists within the Field Service organization
- Develop improvement plans to address commercial KPIs including but not limited to, Installation Time, Cost Per Installation and Mean Time Between Failure.
- Work closely with Research and Development engineers to develop troubleshooting guides and service documentation to ensure current and future success
- Manage service actions and dispatch resources to multiple sites
- Review technical reports and documents from customers. Analyze issues with technical staff to find root cause and communicate next steps and timelines to customers
- Maintain records of tool configurations pertaining to hardware, software, consumables, and application releases
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS in a science or engineering field. Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- 3-5 Years of field installation supervisor or manager experience is required.
- Facilities integration experience in building electrical, water, drain, HVAC, room planning, shipping logistics is a must
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, robotic calibrations, server installations, and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Must be able to interpret technical documentation and schematics (Electrical, Wiring, Fluidic, and mechanical drawings)
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Up to 50% travel
- Experience in biotech industry is a plus
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.