Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate, Molecular Biology to join our team!
The successful candidate will play a key hands-on role in the molecular biology-based assay and technology development using various prototype and commercial instruments.
How You’ll Contribute
- Assist in the development of novel molecular biology assays, methods and transfer technology to product development.
- Execute experiments in-tube and on early-stage prototype instruments.
- Assist in the development and optimization of workflows, user interfaces, and other relevant tools and procedures related to the experiments, instruments and product development.
- The candidate will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of the work, and clear communication of results in the group settings.
- Independently plan, execute and analyze experiments
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biomedical engineering or closely related field.
- Experience with a wide-variety of biochemistry and molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis, amplification, qPCR, DNA sequencing, molecular cloning.
- Hands-on experience running, calibrating and troubleshooting experiment, instruments, and tools such as thermal cyclers, flow cytometers, bioanalyzer, protein/DNA quantification tools and gel electrophoresis devices.
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and proven ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute actively to an integrated team
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.