Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Data Scientist to join our team!
You will be an experienced data analyst who will play a significant role in shaping the analysis methodology, providing insights to data scientists and business stakeholders by utilizing genomic data, multidisciplinary system data. Drive the next breakthrough in biotechnology as part of an organization that marches on its data.
How You’ll Contribute
- Provide insights by utilizing high throughput genomic data to support clinical needs and genomic application
- Take a significant role in optimizing the analysis methodology and structure it
- Work closely with data scientists and business stakeholders to define the metrics, correlation and statistics approaches to serve a multi-disciplinary machine learning projects
- Utilize python scripts and SQL to merge data sets and metrics
- Validate deep learning and machine learning results and experiment as part of the research process and development
- Serve as the “go to” person for data analysis of a complex multidisciplinary system
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- 2+ years of experience working in data analysis, in a deep learning/machine learning environment
- 2+ years of experience with Python scripting
- Experienced with public cloud environment
- Spark experience is a big advantage
- A team player, autodidact with excellent analytical approach
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.