Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team!
This is an exciting opening for an experienced electro-mechanical tech who wants to be part of team that makes the world a better place.
How You’ll Contribute
- Take ownership of the industrial control panel sub-system (power distribution, data acquisition, and control electronics). Understand the existing prototype design and drive improvements to make it robust, production, and manufacturing ready.
- Improve the sub-system modularity through the design and routing of electrical harnesses and PCBs.
- Design custom electrical solutions for OTS components that reduce cost, improve performance or manufacturability.
- Design the electrical interconnect system to enable modularity between sub-systems. Design electrical harnesses and PCBs with a focus on reducing cable volume, complexity and enabling sub-system modularity.
- Automate all aspects of tool manufacture, from assembly to alignment and calibration to high-level performance qualification. Utilize a mixture of computer vision, data & image acquisition, robotics & motion control to reduce error and bottlenecks in manufacturing.
- Automate measurements that qualify optical/mechanical/electrical sub-system performance and perform accelerated lifetime testing to prove the reliability of these sub-systems.
- Support the operations team that maintains and runs a fleet of our instruments. Troubleshoot any issues that occur and determine root cause, implement a process, or design improvements, and directly contribute to tool reliability and uptime.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience working on or designing an industrial control panel – power supply sizing, wire harness design, part layout, and selection.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues on complex multi-disciplinary instruments.
- Experience with SolidWorks Electrical, AutoCAD or other harness design software.
- Experience designing custom PCBs and electronics for mixed-signal processing and an understanding design of best practices.
- Hands-on and independent work style, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.