Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate Systems Engineer to join our team!
This engineer will be contributing to the development, testing, and optimization of cutting-edge instrumentation as part of a rapidly growing company.
How You’ll Contribute
- End-to-end development including planning, development, optimization, and testing of workflows for life science automation and liquid handling systems
- Collaboration between hardware and software development engineers to implement improvements in automation process efficiency and reliability
- Operation, troubleshooting and customization of hardware and software components
- Interfacing with stakeholders to collect and define requirements, and provide user training and documentation
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS/MS in Chemical, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Biology or closely related field
- 0-2 years of experience
- Experience in the development of scientific instruments from a systems integration perspective is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, genomics, and other standard life science lab workflows and equipment
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as python and CAD software preferred
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Able to define and follow complex operating procedures
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.