Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated New College Graduate - Product Engineers to join our team!
Join us as a Product Engineer and learn our system from Manufacturing and Product Development to Commercial Rollout. We are looking for highly motivated new college graduates from engineering or core sciences programs to join us during our high growth period. Product Engineers will rotate between Manufacturing and Production, System Integration, and Technology Transfer teams. Rotations will be dependent on company goals and needs. Over the first year of employment, Product Engineers should expect to spend months in each functional area and understand the strategies, risks, and commercial impacts. Anticipated start date of June 2022.
How You’ll Contribute
- Manufacturing and Production
- Develop pilot manufacturing strategies for current goals and future scale-up; including fixtures, automation testing, and documentation
- Track and manage system configuration and Engineering Change Order processes
- Understand and troubleshoot the instrumentation hardware at a component, subsystem and system level
- Characterize performance of hardware modules and sub-components such as fluid handling and opto-mechanical systems
- Develop methods using the latest tools and techniques to collect and analyze data for optimization of hardware configurations and system processes
- Establish an understanding of module-module interactions. Quantify system performance and reliability
- Identify potential design improvements, runs tests to measure their impact and drive their adoption across various development teams
- Integrate research and development procedures to customer field units
- Develop Field Service Documentation and rollout strategies
- Monitor and develop troubleshooting strategies to resolve customer issues
- Perform installation checklists, travel to customer sites to troubleshoot or upgrade field units at customer sites
- Push the development and refinement of IQ/OQ/PQ and Preventative Maintenance procedures
- Support the successful transfer of our technology to customer sites
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Entry Level. BS or MS in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics. Molecular Biology or Biology with a strong mechanical intuition and proven hands-on projects.
- Experience working in a biological lab or controlled environment
- Experience with Python or MATLAB
- Extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
Applicants: Please include a cover letter and references along with your resume (PDF). The cover letter should describe your relevant experience and qualifications. Interview process includes a technical presentation.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.