Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Field Service Engineer, SF Bay Area to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Provide on-site service, repair and/or installation of company instrumentation still under development
- Review technical reports and documents from customers. Analyze issues with technical staff to find root cause and communicate next steps and timelines to customers
- Maintain records of tool configurations pertaining to hardware, software, consumables, and application releases
- Manage customer interface with research and development groups. Maintain a working relationship with customers and instill confidence and credibility in our company and product
- Exceed customer expectations of service, support, and the product under development
- Summarize and communicate issues to development engineers for triage and participate in root cause analysis investigations
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS in science or engineering
- 1-5 years of relevant engineering or service experience
- Previous experience with field service
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, server installations, and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Skilled at interpreting technical documentation and schematics (Electrical, Wiring, Fluidic, and mechanical drawings)
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Good people skills
- Talented at building prototypes from preliminary drawings and schematics
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Experience in biotech industry is a plus
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.