High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join our team!
This engineer will be contributing to characterization, optimization, and sustaining of cutting-edge instrumentation hardware as part of a rapidly growing organization.
How You’ll Contribute
- Characterize and track performance of hardware modules and sub-components such as motion stages, controls and electronics and thermal control systems.
- Establish a high-level understanding of tool operation and the interfaces between systems and sub-systems across optical, electrical, mechanical and software domains.
- Utilize high level-level understanding to guide design improvements and to provide troubleshooting and repair support for engineering tools.
- Design system and sub-system level specifications utilizing knowledge of statistics and data analysis to develop easy to understand pass/fail criteria that correctly identify outliers and instrument status.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS/MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or closely related field.
- 1-4 years’ experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting of instrument mechanical, electrical and software issues.
- Experience using electrical analysis tools such as voltmeters and oscilloscopes to troubleshoot electrical connections or PCBs.
- Must be able to interpret technical documentation and schematics (Electrical, Wiring, Fluidic, and mechanical drawings).
- Experience writing scripts in Python for parsing instrument logs and data analysis.
- Meticulous and highly detail oriented.
- Able to define and follow complex operating procedures.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.