High growth, pre-IPO company in stealth mode
Join a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies that will push the boundaries in the clinical, life sciences research and therapeutic fields. We are well-funded by global top-tier investors, including venture capital firms and growth equity investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 200 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will accelerate our understanding of life, biology and disease and transform large industries.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Automation Engineer to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- End-to-end development including planning, development, optimization, and testing of complex workflows for life science automation and liquid handling systems
- Collaboration between hardware and software development engineers to implement improvements in automation process efficiency and reliability
- Operation, troubleshooting and customization of automation hardware and software
- Interfacing with stakeholders to collect and define requirements, and provide user training and documentation
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical/Biological Engineering, Biology, or other relevant fields
- 1-4 years' experience in life science or clinical diagnostic automation
- Experience in workflow development and/or testing using off-the-shelf or custom liquid handling platforms or other automation hardware systems
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python, and data analysis tools such as R, MATLAB, JMP etc.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot electromechanical, optical, and fluidics instrumentation
- Basic understanding of molecular biology, genomics, and other standard life science lab workflows and equipment
- Excellent data analysis skills and understanding of statistics, ability to present and communicate results clearly and effectively
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.