Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Systems Engineer, Reliability to join our team!
As a Staff Systems Engineer, Reliability you should be ready to contribute to a fast-paced multidisciplinary group focused on creating the fastest next generation sequencer. You will be focused on creating a lifetime budget, analyzing failure modes, and stress tests in order to mitigate issues and increase key reliability statistics set out in our company goals. You should look at design goals and decisions by weighing risks based on data, best practices, failures, and potential failure modes.
How You’ll Contribute
- Identifying and validating potential risks related to performance, lifetime, and safety in electrical, mechanical, fluidic and/or optical sub-systems
- Analysis of failure data from reliability test benches, beta instruments, in-field instruments
- Lead and participate in DFMEA and PFMEA, including ranking of failure modes
- Write technical documentation, including ECOs, work instructions, corrective actions, and tech notes for field service
- Define and create reliability metrics and lifetime predictions for components and systems under development and in the field
- Owning the system reliability model that partitions an overall system level reliability budget to various sub-systems and sub-assemblies
- Reviewing and approving the subsystem and sub-assembly lifetime testing plans according to the HALT principles
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS (Bachelor of Science) + 10 years of experience, MS (Master of Science) + 8 years of experience, or PhD+ 5 years of experience in Engineering, Physics, or applied sciences
- 5 years of experience working with complex systems is preferred
- Solid critical thinking skills: ability to deep dive into cause-effect to understand why something may fail
- Engineering experience with one or more; fluidics, optics, mechatronic or robotics a plus
- Data and statistical analysis; Python and/ or MATLAB
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.