Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Mechatronics Engineer to join our team!
You will have a mix of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering education and experience. You will be part of a team responsible for precise control and high-speed synchronization of robotics and data acquisition and all hardware and software that supports this.
How You’ll Contribute
- Work on the development, testing, and troubleshooting of a highly automated robotic instrument.
- Define the hardware and software requirements for the instrument motion platform and drive the selection, design, and integration effort.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate prototypes meet design criteria and risks are retired.
- Tune motion and process control loops for optimum performance and fleet stability and understand design or manufacturing issues that limit control performance.
- Automate measurements used to qualify optical/mechanical/electrical sub-system performance and perform accelerated lifetime testing to prove the reliability of these sub-systems.
- Balance design and development with supporting field and manufacturing issues.
- Collaborate with the software team to integrate your designs into the instrument application.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of industry experience or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience controlling hardware from software (Python, C#, or C++).
- Understanding of classical motion control (PID, lead-lag controller, feedforward) and experimental tuning methods (step or frequency response).
- Programming and data analysis skills in Matlab or Python are strongly desired.
- Hardware or embedded system programming experience (FPGA or microcontroller) desired.
- Experience designing custom PCBs and electronics for mixed-signal processing a bonus.
- Hands-on and independent work style, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.