Redesign Health has recently become aware of the fraudulent use of our name on job postings and via recruiting emails that are illegitimate and not in any way associated with us. Redesign Health will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any fees, payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews. If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of any communication sent purportedly by on or behalf of Redesign Health, we encourage you to contact us here.
Who we are:
We are a young, growing company building a new model of specialty care to improve the experience and outcomes for patients undergoing surgical procedures. Our company is currently in stealth mode, but will be announcing the launch of our brand in the coming months. This is a great opportunity to have a hands-on impact on a growing company. We are a small team of highly experienced operational and clinical leaders who are experienced in launching new ventures and are experts in the healthcare arena.
For millions of people, the path before and after surgery can be confusing and riddled with to-dos, information, and educational materials that are confusing and overwhelming. Often this journey is lonely and frustrating for patients. That is where you, the health coach, comes in.
You'll have the opportunity to work on building a new model of care for a high-need patient population that is often forced to manage the surgical journey largely on their own. Your work will be valued by your colleagues, providers at hospitals, and most importantly by patients who will use this platform to better manage their perioperative experience with outstanding guidance, resources, and lifestyle change support to improve their quality of life.
Keys to your success:
- A growth mindset with a willingness to learn from and alongside all care team members
- A passion for patient-centered virtual first specialty care.
- The desire to be part of a multidisciplinary team dedicated to improving healthcare.
- The ability to communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds.
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight and affect personal and professional growth.
- A flexible and adaptable work style and attitude that can change and grow as we do.
More about the role:
We are looking for an experienced health coach who is excited about engaging with and helping patients through a successful perioperative journey. Coaches act as important and consistent touchpoints and support in between doctor’s visits to answer questions and help with setting and accomplishing goals before and after surgery.
100% remote, must have access to a dedicated private workspace for patient visits. This is a Part-Time position working mostly on the weekends with possibility for additional weekday hours. Expect 10-25 hours/week, as need and personal availability dictate. The opportunity exists for the Part-Time role to become a Full-Time position in the future.
What you’ll do:
- Successfully complete onboarding & training daily during the first 4 weeks of your employment.
- Work with patients 1:1, asynchronously via messaging, and via live virtual visits to help them execute on their pre and post surgery protocol.
- Work with patients on goal setting & attainment from a catalog of available evidenced-based goals.
- Help prepare patients for visits with clinicians and follow up on action items after the clinician visit.
- Be an accountability partner, support person and cheerleader (recognizing their accomplishments) for patients on their health journey and provide motivation, guidance, support, and encouragement.
- Document all interactions with patients, including action items completed, goals set & achieved. All encounter notes must be completed by the end of the working day.
- Work as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team, made up of medical providers, nurses, health coaches and ancillary services in order to provide holistic, comprehensive, patient-focused, quality, evidenced-based care.
- The health coach’s performance will be tracked using engagement, retention and outcome metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization along with attendance and other internal metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- BA in a related field like health education, health coaching, nutrition, physical education or public health or other relevant experience.
- NBC-HWC certification required.
- 1-2 years of health coaching experience, virtual preferred (phone, text, and/or app).
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care.
- An in depth understanding of the scope of a health coach and the ability to navigate situations that require a higher level of care and understanding of complexity.
- A readiness to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues and a readiness to adapt to meet the needs of the patients and the team.
- Skilled in open, constructive and honest verbal and electronic communication. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- High emotional intelligence & empathy towards patients.
- Culturally competent and skilled in working with patients from diverse racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, including patients who are overweight and obese, people with mental and physical limitations, and members of the LGBTQ community.
Perks and Pay:
- Forward thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Opportunity for personal and professional development as you work alongside a best in class team
- Work from anywhere
- Computer and monitors provided
- Competitive Salary: $20/hour