Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include an open source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
Who are we?
We're a remote team made up of ~70 between contributors and community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about building a new web, transparency and open source software. Our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in output, not hours worked, and everyone has a great deal of autonomy, while working towards reaching big organizational milestones. You can follow our story here.
We're a small People Ops team of three, and we're looking to add a full-time Technical Recruiter with solid experience in the blockchain industry, to help us source the best talent in this space. We work asynchronously, with a huge degree of independence over location and hours, and we truly define success in work done rather than time spent at a desk. As long as you're always on top of your priorities, communicate flawlessly in writing and have high expectations of candidates and of their experience with us, you can work from anywhere.
Working closely with product and research teams, our Co-Founders and your People Operations colleagues, you'll need to find top quality candidates that align with our values and are passionate about blockchain, cryptocurrency and open source software. It's not about hiring as many people as possible - it's about understanding who would make the best addition to the team. We're looking for a true partner that can understand the importance of talent density, and of saying no to a hire when it may not be the right fit.
90% of hiring is expected to be for technical roles, but you will also be asked to support some non-technical hiring.
Our new team member will:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process, from detailed, inclusive and attractive job descriptions to contract signature.
- Build up steady pipeline of suitable candidates using all possible channels (including direct search).
- Manage multi-channel job ads and make sure our ATS (we use Greenhouse) is as always in perfect order.
- Support employer branding concepts and projects.
- Make sure every contact from candidates is handled timely, kindly and professionally.
- Work with hiring teams to define expectations and advise on future needs and team culture.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience from start to finish. Even when a candidate isn't the right fit, they will leave the process feeling valued and having learned more about Status.
- Find the best talent for Status - with exceptional technical skills as well as passion for our project and values.
- Continuously improve all aspects of the workflows and processes they're exposed to.
For this role, it's really important to bring:
- Extremely solid skills and experience in sourcing & headhunting.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience of recruiting in-house, preferably in tech startups.
- Excellent communication skills in English. While we have occasional video chats and meetings, we're mostly async. We keep each other up to date and coordinate in writing (Discord).
- Shared passion for our principles & aims.
- Passion for crypto and blockchain technology.
- Most of the hiring teams are based within UTC +/- 5, so it's important to be located around, or very comfortable working unorthodox hours.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with open software projects.
- Experience with async communication and working remotely.
Our community comes from all walks of life and so do we. We work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our project stronger. If you share our values, you will be right at home.