Who we are
Station A is the first AI-powered clean energy marketplace that aims to make clean energy cheaper, more accessible, and more transparent to everyone. Our mission is to transition the world to 100% clean energy.
We are a seed-stage company and passionate team based in the San Francisco Bay Area (remote friendly!). Multiple projects have now run through our marketplace, we have over 2,000 providers in our network, and we have a growing pipeline of more than $600M in clean energy projects under evaluation by buyers. We're now looking to scale our impact and enable anyone to easily power a building with 100% clean energy.
As Energy Solutions Engineer, you will be the trusted liaison to clean energy buyers throughout their Station A marketplace journey, from engagement through to completed project. You will play a critical role in moving clean energy projects forward, and helping make clean energy cheaper, more accessible, and more transparent to everyone. Your expected start date will be September 2022.
As Energy Solutions Engineer at Station A, you will play an integral role moving clean energy projects through our marketplace as a member of the Marketplace Success team:
- Educate, advise, and guide clean energy buyers through the clean energy decision-making process
- Share technical and commercial project-related insights and best practices from your previous experience with clean energy projects
- Evaluate and assess clean energy proposals received in the Station A Marketplace
- Actively supporting each stage of the Station A marketplace, including:
- Evaluating the data collected for each project
- Answering buyer and provider technical questions
- Reviewing RFPs
- Evaluating and assessing the proposals received from providers
- Helping a buyer ultimately make a decision on how to move forward on their clean energy journey
- Support other aspects of the marketplace experience by developing educational content, case studies, and other relevant insights
- Help shape the growth of the marketplace success team at Station A by implementing repeatable processes
- Figure out creative ways to scale and streamline the RFP process on the Station A marketplace in a startup environment
Additionally, you will collaborate regularly with the rest of the team:
- Work with the software engineering and product teams to help collect user feedback, and provide input on software product releases and requirements to scale Station A’s Marketplace
- Work with the business development and sales team to win commercial opportunities, including additional clean energy projects and other value-add services throughout the life of a project
- Serve as a subject matter expert on renewable energy technologies including distributed solar, storage, EV charging, community solar, and energy efficiency
One of our key strengths is in combining diverse perspectives/backgrounds to help challenge the status quo with industry experts who bring deep knowledge and experience. For this particular role, we are looking for someone with strong clean energy project experience and a desire and passion for changing the status quo development process, making clean energy cheaper, more accessible, and more transparent to everyone.
This unique opportunity requires a multi-disciplinary individual who enjoys working cross-functionally and dipping into processes and mindsets that are shared across engineering, customer success, and project management.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Deep understanding of the technical and business requirements for moving clean energy projects forward, from origination to operation
- Experience executing clean energy projects with C&I customers, with an emphasis on rooftop, ground mount, and carport solar projects
- Highly detail-oriented individual with the ability to convert unstructured data and information into organized and comprehensible data
- Enthusiastic about process and process improvement
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and in a customer-facing role
- Enjoys preparing and delivering presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Applies a problem-solving approach to answering our provider's questions, empathizes with provider and buyer concerns, and draws patterns between questions to continuously improve the Marketplace experience
- Curious learner with a passion for addressing climate change
- Prefers a highly-collaborative environment where the best ideas can come from anyone
How to get in touch
If you'd like to learn more, please apply here with a recent copy of your resume, and a note about why you're passionate about clean energy and what interests you about Station A.