Who we are
Station A is the first AI-powered clean energy marketplace that aims to make clean energy cheaper, more accessible, and more transparent to everyone. Our mission is to transition the world to 100% clean energy.
We are a seed-stage company and passionate team of ten, based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Multiple projects have now run through our marketplace, we have over 2,000 providers in our network, and we have a growing pipeline of more than $600M in clean energy projects under evaluation by buyers. We're now looking to scale our impact and enable anyone to easily power a building with 100% clean energy.
As a software engineer at Station A, you will contribute to the further development of both new features in the product and the underlying data platform. This is a core part of our business and vision to make clean energy cheaper and faster to deploy, build a cleaner and more resilient grid, and make clean energy access more equitable.
As part of the engineering team at Station A, you will have the opportunity to work and develop your skills across all parts of the Station A stack. There are a wide variety of opportunities for you to apply your experience and learn:
- Create engaging web interfaces for interacting with rich, data-centric content using modern web development tools such as Vue.js and SASS
- Build scalable REST APIs and gRPC services to enable low-latency access to millions of geospatial data records for both internal and external clients using Python and Go
- Develop, test, and deploy state-of-the-art ML/AI models to scale time-consuming vision and classification tasks using toolkits such as Tensorflow and Keras
- Maintain a modern, highly-available cloud infrastructure built on Kubernetes
- Contribute to open source software and data projects such as tilenol and ssc
In addition to these technical opportunities, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with the rest of the team to:
- Explore the needs of the market and support on various sales and business development efforts, including supporting in-house business intelligence tools, and other operational utilities such as backend Salesforce and Mailchimp integrations
- Define, document, and support the Station A product, including new features, bug fixes, support requests, etc.
- Teach and learn from other mission-driven co-workers in a welcoming team environment
One of our key strengths is in combining diverse perspectives and backgrounds to help challenge the status quo of the clean energy industry. For this role, we are looking for well-rounded generalists who bring a creative perspective on applying technology to climate change, a healthy appetite for learning, and a positive outlook on making real change. Prior experience in the clean energy industry is not a requirement.
How to get in touch
If you'd like to learn more, please apply here with a recent copy of your resume, and a note about why you're passionate about clean energy and what interests you about Station A!