We are looking for an amazing business development associate.
You are fired up to:
- Design and execute a plan for sourcing, pitching and serving customers and strategic partners,
- Conduct research, analysis, and provide recommendations on important strategic decisions (e.g. new markets to enter, strategic partnerships, ways to drive new sources of revenue),
- Drive key elements of the company’s strategic partnership approach and pipeline by identifying potential partners, analyzing economics, and managing the deals from inception to close,
- Grow a business from early stage,
- Help eliminate friction in the homeownership process by solving for business, regulatory, and technology problems, and
- Work with a diverse team.
- 3+ years relevant work experience, building and executing a business development strategy that incorporates various customer segments and strategic partners, as well as future business needs and opportunities,
- Researched and developed bottoms up market segmentation analyses in a way that was demonstrably unique and more accurate than any other comparable models,
- Designed and/or negotiated commercial arrangements (such as joint ventures and M&A transactions) with creative, organizational and economic structures to solve unique business problems, and
- Worked on complex problems with multiple stakeholders across industries, resulting in unique outcomes.
The following attributes are preferred but are by no means required:
- Financial services and/or technology experience
- Experience working with CRM tools (e.g., SalesForce, HubSpot)
- Financial modeling
- Sales experience
- Comfort engaging with senior people from a variety of professional backgrounds
- Comfort working in a start-up or start-up like environment, moving quickly and handling changing priorities
Ideal candidates may have experience as an M&A analyst/associate at a strategy or management consulting firm, or at an investment bank. They also may have experience doing strategic business development at an insurance company or other financial institution.
- Collaboration and inclusion of a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Continuous and agile improvement
- Servant leadership and career development for yourself and members of your team
- Product- and business-minded pragmatism
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter illustrating how they specifically meet the requirements in “You Have” section.
We are working on something exciting.
Our vision is to make homeownership simpler, safer, and more accessible. Our first step is reinventing title insurance.
We are unlocking an enormous business opportunity.
American homeowners spent $14.3 billion on title insurance in 2016. Less than 5% of that money went back into their pockets in the form of payments on claims. Instead, nearly all of it funded a slow, inefficient, and manual research process most comparable to a librarian searching a card catalog.
We don't see card catalogs at libraries anymore, and we believe we've found a way to offer homeowners, brokers, and mortgage bankers better service at a lower price.
Our service will make a genuine social impact.
For those Americans who do own their home, the vast majority will find it to be the most valuable asset they will ever own in their lives, but when they sell their home after an average holding period of 7 years, they often lose a full 10% of its value to the fees and frictions that exist in today's real estate market. Additionally, the lengthy, bewildering, and unpredictable process incurs an emotional and stressful toll on first-time and experienced homeowners alike.
By simplifying and expediting services like title insurance, we can make the dream of homeownership less daunting, and we can help current and future homeowners save time and money that they can better invest into more important parts of their lives.
Our approach involves significant technical, regulatory and business challenge.
Our approach requires using advanced predictive analytics, high-performance APIs, and flexible and adaptable data ontologies and rules engines, to create a product that complies with myriad regulatory requirements while solving an important problem that lenders, brokers, government agencies, and consumers tolerate every day. Each day will bring new and multifaceted challenges.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career, is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add.
- Learn something new every day.
- Get more done than you would anywhere else.
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.