States Title, soon to be Doma, is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $23B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Integration Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the operations integration of newly acquired assets. They will be excited to support States Title’s vision to architect the future of real estate transactions by boldly challenging the status quo and transforming an industry. Inorganic growth will be core to the company’s growth strategy, so this person should expect to tackle multiple deals each year. They will own all aspects of the operations integration, from scoping and assessing integration work and timelines during the deal process through to execution of integration strategy. They will be responsible for building the ‘Post-Merger Ops Integration Playbook’ to shape future integrations. They will be excited to design an integration strategy that considers how synergies across Operations can maximize value for the company.
Additionally, as business needs demand, this person will be excited to take on a diverse range of related BizOps projects, with a ‘put-me-in-coach’ mentality. This person will be excited and energized to frequently take on new challenges, learn new processes, and forge new cross-functional relationships. They will collaborate with their fellow Business Operations teammates and the wider Operations team to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. They will collaborate with the Learning and Development function to proactively meet the needs of both our employees and our customers. They will provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Product, Marketing, Underwriting, and Legal & Compliance teams.
Once safe under governmental and company policies, and at the individual’s discretion, they can expect frequent travel to States Title’s state of the art operations center in Irvine, CA, the States Title HQ in San Francisco, and eventually, future operations centers across the country. This role can be based in our HQ (San Francisco, CA) our Operations Center (Irvine, CA), New York, NY (WeWork office available), or Remote, reporting to a remote Senior Manager of Business Operations. Desired start date is May or June 2021.
What will you be doing?
- Hit the ground running on Day 1 learning our industry, processes, technology, and operating models. Be ready to design an integration strategy on Day 15.
- Get smart quick on newly acquired assets, intuitively identifying areas for synergies and differentiation
- Advise CorpDev and larger M&A team in operational compatibility of potential targets
- Design how new operations workforce, including leadership, will integrate with existing operations
- Design how new operations processes can be integrated into existing operations to maximize synergies
- Quickly establish yourself as a trusted leader, known for getting your work done (and then some!)
- Lead Operations leadership through structural and process changes and change management
- Project manage the technical integration of operational process in our title production software
- Set and drive timelines for all components of the operations integration
- Ensure the operations integration strategy is seen through to fruition
- Implement a post-merger success monitoring system for the newly integrated operations
- Meticulously document your work for Legal & Compliance and Product, including all processes, vendors, documents, and other artifacts produced during the integration process
- Collaborate with the Compliance and State Expansion teams to vet the compliance of operations in each state
- Proactively communicate project status updates and future plans
- Lead a cross-functional team to complete deliverables on time (or early!) to meet tight product delivery deadlines for our business leaders
- Work with Vendor Management to lead integration of new vendors, as necessary
- Collaborate with Learning and Development to produce high quality, digestible training materials for the Operations
- Work autonomously, with minimal supervision in a distributed team across all North American time zones
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3-5 years in project or product management, consulting, and/or business operations
- Demonstrated passion for process improvement and ability to structure complex processes and clearly identify areas of improvement and synergies across like processes
- Superior project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate a path forward, balancing a diverse set of perspectives and priorities
- Comfort with constant change and leading projects with tight deadlines
- Excitement for learning States Title’s unique title and escrow operational technology and processes
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Strong analytical chops and pattern recognition
- Takes initiative, wants ownership
- Ability to autonomously design, create, and deliver presentations for senior and executive leadership with minimal supervision
- Comfort working in a distributed team environment
- Comfort or willingness to learn the following technologies: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Process visualization tools (e.g., LucidChart, Flow, etc.) Project/Product Management technologies (e.g., Asana, AirTable, Notion), Slack, Zoom
- Bonus: Experience in or passion for the title and escrow, mortgage industry, or related fields
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission. We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits, location dependent