Build the platform that transforms the real estate industry!
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone to close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than four years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country. Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer / Tech Lead, Backend with experience defining architecture and execution strategy, driving complex product roadmaps that align with business requirements, providing technical leadership, and mentoring other engineers. The ideal candidate would have prior experience leading and delivering projects with significant scope and complexity.
If you are also passionate about leveraging technology to transform the world, then this role is for you!
- 10+ years of industry experience in architecting and implementing complex backend systems
- Developed high-quality production-ready software that is maintainable, scalable, performant, and secure, using development best practices, design patterns, and proven frameworks
- Strong development skills in languages such as python, java, c/c++ etc, and experienced with cloud native development, relational databases, and pub/sub systems
- Ability to lead critical initiatives while working closely with project stakeholders, and communicating effectively with team members and leadership
- Served as a technical resource and mentor for engineers not only within your team but across the broader organization, giving clear and actionable feedback to help with their growth
- Experience influencing multiple teams, building processes, tools, and systems that support organizational growth and efficiency
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting and leading software projects
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and continually evolve them to attract and retain the highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- Highly competitive salaries and stock equity grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness, commuter, and remote benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.