Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The People Ops Project Manager will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. The successful candidate will be trained and experienced in both change and project management with prior hands-on experience initiating and driving to completion projects, programs, and initiatives that ensured change impacts were mitigated and key stakeholders were actively engaged throughout the process. She/he is able to appropriately balance “textbook theory” with “practical realities” in order to gain and retain critical stakeholder buy-in to, and in some cases the appreciation for, change and project management discipline. The People Ops Project Manager will partner with all People Team functional leaders to identify and prioritize a set of critical initiatives that will enhance People Team service and support offerings, the employee experience, and ultimately business results. This role will be instrumental in the ongoing execution of projects and programs that enable business success and contribute to the creation of States Title as a place where the best people in the industry come together to do the best work of their careers.
- Responsible for project ownership and driving M&A and transformation projects to completion.
- Define and outline projects’ scope by identifying and sequencing project activities, estimating the duration of activities, anticipating the resources required, creating project schedules, developing project team roles and responsibilities, identifying key stakeholders, and assessing organizational capacity/readiness for change.
- Communicate risks, expectations, and timelines to partners and management.
- Assist with due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify the impacts and requirements for successful integration of new acquisitions.
- Maintain detailed roadmaps for each integration plan.
- Utilize project management software/tools to facilitate the planning, organization and tracking of the project activities across all functional areas of the People Team.
- Manage requirements documentation, achievement mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration.
- Establish and then drive progress to meaningful project milestones.
- Participate and lead post-integration evaluations to identify opportunities for improvement and advancement.
- Proactively identify relevant benchmarks for evaluating project success and change adoption.
- Develop and implement change communication strategies and tactics.
- Leverage quantitative and/or qualitative inputs to assess project progress and organizational change readiness.
- Identify potential change impacts and risks, and craft plans to mitigate by highlighting probable points of resistance and any performance degradation exposure.
- Continually evaluate project progress, conduct organizational change readiness assessments, and develop plans/tools/communications to support implementation.
- Enhance the credibility of and trust in the projects, programs, and initiatives brought forward by the People team by ensuring project management discipline and robust change management consideration.
- Partner with all People team functional leaders to identify and prioritize a comprehensive set of near, mid, and long-term projects.
- Serve as a primary thought leader and champion of organizational change management and project management discipline.
- Partner with the People leadership team to create an integrated project planning process that focuses on delivering results while operating within budget realities by facilitating disciplined prioritization and/or trade-off decision-making to drive optimal value.
- Create engaging and informative communications that are tailored to various audiences (e.g., executives, People team, business leaders, and frontline employees), yet retain a consistent and common connection to the organization’s core values.
- Contribution to the People Team’s objective of creating exceptional employee experiences by collaboratively partnering with all functional areas of the People Team on all projects/initiatives, and associated communications.
- Keep abreast of trends in change and project management in order to create and then maintain a strategic advantage for States Title.
- Seek opportunities to strengthen collaborative relationships between the People Team and its many stakeholders and partners including line leadership and management, other support functions, and all frontline staff.
- Identify and then drive to fruition opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify and then consistently analyze organizational change and project management metrics to identify immediate areas for focus, as well as emerging trends for early intervention (e.g., organizational change readiness assessments, project milestone attainment, implementation timeline adherence, etc..).
- Minimum five years of project management experience with two or more of those years leveraging Agile/Lean Management Methodology
- Minimum of three years of project management experience in Human Resources
- Minimum three years of experience leading merger/acquisitions related projects with thorough understanding of acquisition due diligence and integration assistance
- Advanced knowledge of compliance requirements
- Minimum three years of total change experience preferred
- Track record of successfully driving meaningful project progress/completion, and proactively managing change adoption.
- Experience in Financial Services, Technology, Professional Services, or Insurance industries, as well as high-pace, hyper-growth companies is desirable.
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated analytical skill set with extensive experience using MS Excel functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work on tactical details and ensure their accurate execution
- Deadline-oriented, high energy, self-motivated, inquisitive, great follow-up and reporting skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear yet concise manner
- Experience translating complex information/processes into practical, consumable, and understandable communication formats for both targeted and broad consumption.
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Welcoming of feedback that facilitates improvement
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
- Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- An undergraduate degree is preferred, and a master’s degree in Business, Organizational Development, or related field is ideal.
- Certification in project management: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Professional in Project Management (PPM), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or Certified Project Manager (CPM)
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) certification is preferred