Who We Are
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Mission: You are an internal consultant partnering with and enabling our Strategic and Enterprise Accounts and Doma Operations teams to maintain compliant practices and strong internal controls as we disrupt and improve the real estate closing experience.
- Serve as subject matter expert for business questions on compliance with laws, regulations, and best practices
- Proactively partner with business on initiative launches to create processes that are compliant and aligned with best practices
- Trend and spot issues and root causes that are sources of compliance risk or present opportunities for process improvement; partner with business areas to develop solutions and monitor implementation
- Support development of internal controls that optimize effort for benefit
- Identify opportunities for process streamlining and additional training
- Maintain knowledge of the business of Doma
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and best practices
- Proactively source information on changes to laws, regulations and best practices that impact the company; propose and implement responsive process and internal controls changes
- Lead and participate in special projects supporting regulatory compliance and best practices, risk management
- Act as point person for substantive review of appropriateness, completeness, and optimization of lender and regulatory audit responses
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in compliance at a regional or national scale title or settlement organization
- 10+ years of title and escrow expertise
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you derive satisfaction from building on the foundations of a developing compliance program and enhancing organizational culture
- Organizational effectiveness: you readily perceive how to get things done in a variety of business settings, and can independently function to achieve objectives while preserving strong relationships and influence
- Humility and service: consultative and supportive approach to partnership
- Ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and apply to Doma’s business
- Experience developing and assessing internal controls activities and effectiveness
- Experience with one or more Title Production Systems, ideally ResWare and/or SoftPro
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work and think independently, take ownership, and drive initiatives to resolution
- Problem solving ability that seeks alternative paths to desired solutions if the proposed path does not work
- Strong business judgment that enables issue identification and appropriate escalation
- Integrity, openness and transparency