Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The HRIS Manager will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. The successful candidate must possess in-depth knowledge about HR-related software, including having played a critical role in prior HCM/HRIS implementations/conversions, specifically Workday, and databases, be detail-oriented and be comfortable working in a fast-paced growth focused environment with aggressive deadlines. She/he will lead the development execution and maintenance of our HR Systems.
- Lead our transition to a new human capital management (HCM) platform, Workday, including sunsetting multiple legacy systems
- Oversees the strategic design, delivery and administration of our HRIS system of record (Workday) as well as the strategy, delivery, and administration of the entire HRIS stack
- Proactively partners with the IT team to support Workday configuration, upgrades and business initiatives
- Responsible for the input, implementation, and identification of problem areas for all HR transactions and service delivery processes and recommends solutions
- Responsible for process design and on-going process improvement, including evaluating existing systems and procedures, providing recommendations for changes and improvements, and implementing changes to HRIS
- Consults to determine user needs, reporting requirements, and areas where procedures need streamlining in a high-growth environment
- Oversees upgrades and update planning for Workday and use thorough testing practices to ensure that upgrades run seamlessly
- Accountable for HR system data integrity, reporting and management
- Serves as a project leader for system changes and implementation of new software with Workday
- Work with functional team members to understand requirements & communicate system capabilities/limitations
- Lead the day to day activities of the HRIS team.
- Maintains technical knowledge and educates self on emerging solutions
- Oversees the completion and accuracy of compliance requirements
- Manages relationship with HR systems and vendors as needed to support growth
- Leads due diligence for HRIS systems portion of M&As. Develops HR systems standards, tools, and systems for organizing, planning and executing HR M&A activities
- Design, configure, test and deploy Workday for functional changes
- Engage with the Workday community to understand system capabilities and recommend solutions to address business needs
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Five to seven years of HRIS systems including Performance Management, LMS and Payroll modules
- Minimum five years of Workday implementation and management experience
- Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated analytical skill set with extensive experience using MS Excel functions (i.e. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work on tactical details and ensure their accurate execution
- Deadline-oriented, high energy, self-motivated, inquisitive, great follow-up and reporting skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear yet concise manner
- Proficient with EIBs (Enterprise Interface Builder) for integrations
- Confident as a system consultant to process and program owners
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong process design and optimization skills
- Experience working with IT and technical experts on system integrations
- Experience translating complex information/processes into practical, consumable, and understandable communication formats for both targeted and broad consumption
- Skills in cross-functional stakeholder management and effective communication across all levels of an organization
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems
- Proactive - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
- Welcoming of feedback that facilitates improvement
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done
- Ability to handle confidential information
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related field
- Workday HCM certification required
- Certified in multiple Workday modules (e.g. benefits, Payroll, Advanced Comp, etc.) preferred
- Scrum Master certification preferred