This role can be based out of our San Francisco office or remotely anywhere in the United States.
About the Company
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone close it. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. Backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the home closing process. We repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We're growing our Instant Communications data science team
The Instant Comms team at States Title is building revolutionary workflow automation using Natural Language Understanding. We are applying state of the art NLP techniques in an applied setting, and you will have an opportunity to experiment, innovate, and unlock novel solutions within our industry. You will be empowered to influence the direction of NLP solutions at the company, and have your work published and patented.
We're proud of the sophisticated data ingestion process we have built, as well as the multi-model ecosystem that is already live. We have high expectations of communication, accountability, and mathematical rigor, and are looking for those who would be inspired and stimulated in such an environment.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- 4-7+ years of relevant experience in data science
- Excitement about contributing to our suite of Natural Language Understanding solutions that unlock meaningful efficiency within the organization.
- Experience applying NLP models to live production systems.
- Familiarity with at least one deep learning software framework.
- Ability to write robust, efficient software to analyze data, and train, apply and monitor machine learning models.
- Strengths aligned with our needs
- When you write Python code that compares a model's performance in production to its expected behavior, does engineering praise the quality of your code?
- Can you take a business need and translate it into a data science problem that can be approached quantitatively?
- Can you communicate technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders, including business partners in product, and senior leadership?
- Can you take a recent paper in the NLP space, understand the concepts presented, and implement that model on a new corpus?
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sabbatical program
- Paid parental leave
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan, with a match!
- Wellness and commuter benefits