This role can be based out of our San Francisco office or remotely anywhere in the United States.
About the Company
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone close it. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. Backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the home closing process. We repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We’re Growing Our Underwriting & Risk Team
We're looking for someone who is thrilled by the prospect of developing machine learning products that will have a transformative impact on the real estate industry. This is a unique opportunity to work on some of the core machine learning products in a company that is built around machine intelligence. On our team, you will serve as a go-to person for questions relating to risk and forecasting.
Our underwriting & risk team works on a variety of exciting problems, including States Title's patented instant underwriting model, on which the company was founded. Our team is always evaluating new products and projects, so there is never a dull moment! Your work will have a direct and highly visible business impact throughout the company. You’ll also regularly interact with external stakeholders as well as the greater data team, which includes experts in Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, and production ML deployment.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
What you’ll be working on:
- You will develop machine learning models, write production code, and monitor models via dashboards and analytics
- You will serve as a go-to expert in risk & forecasting for our team and the company. This includes reducing model losses, improving the fidelity of our projected losses, fighting fraud, and identifying new risks in our domain
- You will deliver new data science products, from their inception through to their deployment as machine learning models
- You’ll think strategically to identify new areas where our team can have a measurable impact
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data science
- Experience in the domains of risk, credit, insurance, and/or financial forecasting is required
- Experience writing code and building models in a production environment, with proficiency in Python, SQL, git, etc.
- Enthusiasm about taking ownership of complex projects, including managing the requests coming from multiple stakeholders throughout the company
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to people throughout the company, including business partners in product and senior leadership.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid sabbatical program
- Paid parental leave
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan, with a match!
- Wellness and commuter benefits