States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
The Sr. Manager, Business Operations will be responsible for supporting key strategic and operational initiatives. They will be excited to join the ‘title and escrow company of the future,’ furthering the mission to make the home closing process as frictionless as possible for homebuyers, real estate agents, and lenders. This person will be instrumental in carrying out a diverse range of projects related to scaling our operation via new customers and new channels. This person will be breaking new ground and developing the strategies and processes to grow. They will lead the cross functional project management and implementation including working with our partners in accounting, underwriting, application support, marketing, legal, compliance, operations, and finance. This person will be excited and energized to frequently take on new challenges, learn new processes, and forge new cross-functional relationships. They will collaborate with their fellow Business Operations teammates and the wider Operations team to create an efficient, enjoyable work environment. Once allowed, they will have moderate travel to States Title’s state of the art operations center in Irvine, CA and eventually, future operations centers across the country. This role can be based anywhere in the US, working remotely, and will report to a remote manager.
What will you be doing?
- Make an immediate impact on a national scale by solving complex, cross-functional problems and driving solutions through to implementation.
- Conduct research and provide structured, strategic recommendations by leveraging data and insights on how to optimize our centralized and field operations in a highly regulated industry.
- Create and manage communications between centralized operations and the field with the goal of improving transparency, driving excitement, announcing new feature launches, and gathering feedback for future improvement.
- Collaborate with our broader Operations Team, Product, and Engineering teams to develop and deploy operational technological solutions to areas of inefficiency.
- Optimize training programs to ensure high quality output within quickly scaling operation
- Work with Ops leadership to optimize day-to-day operations of the center including scheduling and attendance optimization, planning for all-hands meetings, and other management projects
- Support strategy, planning, and ramp up of state-of-the-art operations center in Irvine CA and any future new center
- Work with Business Operations team to launch future operations centers and States’ ability to process more complex transactions
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years in management consulting and/or business operations
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Superior project management skills and extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical chops, comfort with data and modeling
- Bias toward ownership / action
- Takes initiative, wants ownership
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, helpful 401(k) plan (thanks to Captain401)
- Wellness and commuter benefits