About States Title
We believe real estate should be simpler, safer, and cheaper to buy, to sell, and to own.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed– We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven– We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders– We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team– We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect– We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Under supervision of the Sr. Technology Operations Manager, this position will work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of customer’s business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. Assists with the development, testing and implementation of Technology initiatives by gathering, analyzing and documenting data during the various phases of project deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field of study or equivalent relevant experience.
- 7+ years of work experience as a Technology program manager, product manager, business analyst, change manager or project manager; preferably in an insurance or financial corporate environment.
- Experience in translating business needs into functional specification and requirement documentation.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Experience leveraging technology to manage workflow, comfortable using data to diagnose and improve team performance.
- Prior success in driving impactful new initiatives across multiple teams or business units.
- Experience in building positive, strong relationships across other business units within a corporate environment.
- Experience in systems development life cycle.
- Title Experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficient knowledge of IT Service Management.
- Proficient knowledge of project management methodologies
- Proficient knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Sharepoint Administration preferred.
- Working knowledge of best practices, capabilities and constraints related to delivering technical solutions.
- General knowledge of software development practices, concepts, methodologies, tools and trends
- Excellent partnering, negotiation and communication skills to facilitate interactions with business Customers and technology teams.
- Sets and manages stakeholder expectations.
- Delivers quality projects on time and within budget.
- Strong technical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with excellent critical thinking, communication, problem-solving skills.
- Able to handle multiple priorities/projects effectively while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to articulate complex issues in a simple, compelling way, in both oral and written form to influence key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze, research, problem solve and document across applications.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- ITIL certification a plus.
- Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Facilitate and drive the development and implementation of technology projects.
- Analyze and discuss business needs and objectives and propose technical or operational solutions.
- Develop and update functional use cases and business process modeling as needed to document business requirements.
- Serve as a project lead; gather requirements, monitor progress, keep all stakeholders moving towards the goal, and confirm project success.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on assigned projects– develop, update, and improve functional use cases, business process modeling, procedures, and training materials as needed for business requirements.
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to business processes and technologies.
- Drive adoption and proficiency of changes within the organization in compliance with client’s Change Management methodologies.
- Utilize analytical skills to spot key business insights, trends, and opportunities to recommend and manage system enhancements.
- Assist with the management of technology Vendors.
- Assist with Budget and Invoice tracking.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the Technology Operations policy, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the different areas within IT to design the most effective and efficient solutions.
- Carefully track issues and requests, large or small, monitoring progress, resolving issues and recommending actions.
- Create and run SQL Reports as needed.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements.
- Develop and facilitate application and/or technical training for internal users.
- Understands technological evolution, process reviews, crisis, and consumer habit changes; pressure from new business entrants, acquisitions, mergers, and organizational restructuring.
- Provides end user support and serves as a technical resource for internal customers.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and continually evolve them to attract and retain the highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.