Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the role
States Title is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant with great technical skills, who adapts well to an evolving environment, exhibits initiative, problem-solving skills, teamwork, and who is interested in a great career path.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People Leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
- This is an exciting time to join the team as a Senior Accountant who exhibits leadership skills, independent thinking, and initiative.
- You will be involved in process improvement – ensuring strong controls, and accurate accounting across a variety of technical topics.
- Assist in the month end close process, internal and external reporting to investors and annual audits with committed leadership and teamwork.
- Create and maintain periodic reports summarizing business and financial activities.
- Perform specialized calculations, reconcile difficult discrepancies, and other accounting functions.
- Assist with various regulatory reporting requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 4+ years of experience with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with month end close cycles, journal entries, reconciliations, prorations, taxes, banking, compliance, audits, policies and practices, and consolidation accounting
- Solid knowledge of U.S. GAAP and ability to perform accounting research and prepare technical memos
- Strong problem solving, analytical, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Experience with month-end reporting and analysis as well as financial reporting including consolidated financial statements and related footnote disclosures
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize workload effectively
- Able to take initiative, work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills required
- Knowledge of company's internal control and audit protocols
- Math skills are essential
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with experience utilizing pivot Tables, Vlookups, and other advanced features
- Operating at a high level of productivity and efficiency to meet critical deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Bachelors in Accounting is required and Masters preferred
- CPA required (active license)
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Relevant industry experience preferred
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Senior Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs., finger dexterity is necessary
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.