Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
About the Role
Doma is looking to hire a full time Pricing Analyst within the company’s FP&A function. This is a high-visibility role in an increasing important function within the organization. The Analyst will serve as a point of contact for all pricing-related matters, including inquiries on Doma’s and competitors’ pricing. The primary role of the Pricing Analyst will be pulling competitor rate manuals and compiling summaries of competitor pricing – some primary research on competitor’s rates may be needed. Secondarily, the Analyst will be producing pricing reports and analytical work to be shared with senior leadership. The remainder of the Analyst’s time will be spent working on cross-functional teams and on testing and communication of rate changes.
- Serve as a main point of contact for all matters pricing, i.e. requests for Doma’s and competitors’ pricing
- Prepares analyses of competitor title and escrow pricing using filed rate manuals
- Liaise with outside consultants and data vendors
- Speak to local escrow officers to price new state launches and products
- Source and reach out to industry contacts to discover competitor pricing
- Help direct pricing strategy based on collected information
- Produce rate cards where required after new rates are filing
- Coordinate with Compliance on fee configuration and 3-way confirmation testing
- Communicate price changes to rate distributors and fee vendors (i.e. ClosingCorp, Ernst)
- Track changes in Doma’s premium and escrow manuals
- Engage in audit requests from state regulators as needed
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably at a bank, consultancy, or tech-forward title agency
- Accounting, finance, or actuarial experience is a plus
- Strong Excel skills, with knowledge of vlookup, pivot table, and other advanced functions
- Genuine interest in the title insurance industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Willing to work long hours to arrive at a solution
- Capable of working on projects within cross-functional teams
An undergraduate degree from a top tier university, with a focus in Finance or Economics
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.