Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Provides legal and administrative support to Manager, National Claims and Litigation, and other counsel in claims department. Prepares legal documents, undertakes legal research and writing, investigates claims and litigation matters, including compilation of relevant title and factual research and requisition of production files, provides legal support to in-house litigation counsel, assists in implementing Company complaints procedures and processes, and processes subpoenas nationally. Generates and maintains various claims, financial and management reports monthly or as needed, under supervisor of Manager.
- Specialized legal training
- Proficiency with basic real estate concepts and terms
- Basic and specialized knowledge of title insurance, escrow practices and procedures, and underwriting.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and principles, court procedures and successful calendaring techniques
- Experience with legal processes, including service of process and filing of pleadings
- Experience with Court websites
- Administrative experience in a legal environment
- Good writing skills
- Skill and diplomacy in communicating with callers to claims department
- Excellent general computer skills
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly and appropriately organize voluminous documents
- Proficiency in factual, investigatory and legal research
- Ability to prioritize and work under a demanding schedule
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to produce accurate work product free of typos or errors
- Ability to analyze, review and edit legal documents for content and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial information and management decisions
- Ability to adapt to successfully using a variety of electronic databases
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Certified Paralegal
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Perform general administrative and paralegal support on claims and litigation matters
- Maintain electronic and paper legal documents and files
- Assist claims department counsel in analyzing and researching legal and factual issues
- Draft legal documents
- Legal writing
- Legal research
- Review various forms of legal, title, and documentation
- Respond to and administers requests from in-house or retained counsel
- Interact with designated regulatory agencies, monitor and comply with their requirements
- Prepare, compile documents and information under direction of in-house counsel
- Assist in tracking various data
- Coordinate contact with management, regulatory agencies and retained counsel, agencies, and courts via various media, communication devices
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.