Who We Are
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
What you'll do as a VP, Government Affairs at States Title:
- Develop and execute government affairs advocacy objectives priorities for States Title before Federal and select state and local governments, including California, Texas, Florida, Illinois, New York and others as appropriate.
- Identify and communicate potential public sector opportunities and threats, develop improvement or mitigation strategies and policy positions.
- Drive and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives in concert with States Title business objectives.
- Facilitate high-level meetings between States Title's leadership and key partners, including policymakers and executives, industry associations, and alliance partners to promote and advocate for the company’s public policies.
- Direct and manage States Title's consultants and lobbyists, where applicable.
- Work collaboratively with States Title's internal teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and regulatory goals.
What we're looking for:
- 15 total years of experience: 5+ years(or equivalent experience) of working with or for state legislative or executive branch experience and 10 years+ of working in a government affairs position at a public company
- Understanding of and background in advocacy and issue development pertaining to title insurance and technology policies, such as government, digital identity, data protection and digital inclusion.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to efficiently and comfortably interact at highest corporate, state and local government levels.
- Maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with the strongest professional reputation in the industry.
- Self-starter with a proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a broader team with internal and external partners as needed.
- Ability to influence and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate excellent judgment/decision-making skills, and political acuity.