About States Title
We believe real estate should be simpler, safer, and cheaper to buy, to sell, and to own.
States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider, and through its family of companies - NATC & NATIC - is able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the US. States Title is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. Making residential real estate simple and efficient, and allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Currently used by national lenders, States Title is rapidly expanding coverage for their groundbreaking predictive title lender solution and expects to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year.
- Customer Obsessed– We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven– We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders– We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team– We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect– We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
To achieve our mission, we are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to build and oversee data-driven solutions to inform business decisions, improve efficiency and help drive progress against our company initiatives. In this role, you’ll encounter complex data problems, will work to untangle them, and translate them into actionable insights. We are looking for an analytical, detail and data-oriented individual to help continue to transform our business and obtain actionable results. This role is an opportunity to help transform the way we operate and transition to a new technology-driven business model. Working with Operations and Technology Senior Leadership, you will help drive progress against our existing initiatives and help identify the most significant operational and technological challenges to create new initiatives to achieve our strategic goals. If you like problem solving, have experience pulling insights out of qualitative and quantitative data sources, and enjoy a collaborative, multi-functional, and dynamic environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing business using data to build insights about our operational processes that will drive business decisions/initiatives critical to ongoing growth
- Create new and iterate on existing dashboards and reporting tools to automate reporting and scale our national fulfillment capabilities
- Collaborate with our Data Science team to make appropriate and accurate data available, build and extract appropriate and accurate data sources, to support Operations department’s reporting and analytical needs
- Perform analytical studies (modeling, data analysis and reporting) focusing on core business initiatives and present findings to senior operational and technical leaders.
- Perform analytical deep-dives to identify improvement areas where existing processes are sub-optimal from an operational, financial, or people's perspective.
- Summarizes analytical data into user-friendly reports translating highly technical, detailed data into recommendations for corporate execution.
- Become an expert in the real estate transaction value chain
- Collaboration with a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years contributing to data analytics, business intelligence, or data science projects, ideally across a variety of professional contexts (e.g. start-ups and large companies, or consumer- and business-facing applications)
- Ability to write complex SQL joins
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau
- Proven skills in project management, product development, business and IT planning processes, and the end to end process from idea inception to delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Agility and the ability to work in ambiguity
- Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and produce actionable insights
- Strong attention to detail and results focused approach
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family’s needs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.