Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is leading the digital transformation of the mortgage industry. We use predictive analytics and cutting-edge technology to create a modern title and escrow platform. As part of the digital transformation occurring in the mortgage industry, we believe that all underwriting, settlement, closing and recording will be instantly decisioned and administered using technology that is built with the lender, agent and customer experience in mind.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partner
You Will Have:
- 3-5 years of instructional designer experience specifically focused on designing multi-modal development trainings programs.
- An undergraduate degree in instructional design/ instructional or educational technology / an undergraduate degree in the field of education or communication with certification in instructional design.
- Training / teaching / writing / online education / distance learning / education setting, or web technology experience is a plus.
- An unquestionable affinity towards the use of instructional principles to develop the appearance, organization, and functionality of learning systems and materials.
- Experience creating tiered learner focused developmental trainings with design thinking approach using principles of differentiation and multiple intelligence.
- Thought leadership in instructional design and innovation.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability and you are confident and self-motivated with a low ego
- Capability to acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice.
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
- Exceptional collaboration skills and a team-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Strategic, Design Thinking, project management and presentation skills
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, video, micro-learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Proven/demonstrated thought leader skills, a strong customer focus, and the ability and desire to be a champion of States Title’s culture and values.
- A pleasant and approachable personality and an ever-lasting smile with a dash of humor.
Good For You to Have (Additional/Optional):
- A master’s degree in education / communication / instructional design.
- Experience in Financial Services, Technology, Professional Services, or Insurance industries, as well as high-pace, hyper-growth companies is desirable.
You Will Definitely Possess These Technical Skills:
- Project planning tools like Asana, awareness of overall functions of an LMS, HRIS and other HR Systems.
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies / pedagogy and adult theories, learning preferences and styles.
- Expert level working knowledge of all Microsoft office products, Learning Management Systems, Adobe Products, audio / video editing tools, graphic design tools, interactive media creation tools and basic knowledge of HTML.
Bird's Eye View of the Role:
You will join our team at a critical point in the continued evolution of our business. Just as States Title is leveraging data analytics and cutting-edge technology to transform the industry, the People Team wants to focus on Growth and Development of each of its team members. You will partner with the business and all team functional leaders to identify and determine the scope of training projects, identify learning objectives of programs, create instructional material while working with subject matter experts, write content, develop audio, visual, and interactive media aids for a training program. Plan and create assessments to gauge learning and knowledge transferability. Assess current programs and provide relevant insights / strategies to translate them into actionable solutions and/or recommendations that will enhance People Team programs/processes, the employee experience, and ultimately business results.
Your Performance Objectives:
- Continually assess compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws relative to trainings.
- Evaluate the scope of training projects and create a training / implementation plan. Identify and create learner centered learning objectives using design thinking approach.
- Plan, design and develop engaging interactive media – audio / video instructional material centered towards adult learning styles and preferences while working with subject matter experts. Material designed by you will reflect an understanding of the diversity of learners, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply.
- Focused towards teaching for transfer, plan and create assessments to gauge learning.
- Contribute to the People Team’s objective of creating exceptional employee experiences by collaboratively partnering with all functional areas of the People Team on all Training projects/initiatives.
- Troubleshoot technical problems via reported user issues.
- Consistently analyze effectiveness of training programs implemented by the L&D Team.
How will your lofty goals be translated into specific actions / short term goals:
- By the end of 30 days, you will be aware of overall functioning and structure of the team / processes and systems within the organization and started accomplishing task under the guidance of your team mentor / buddy
- By the end of 60 days, you will be able to work on projects independently and perform an initial diagnosis of all the processes currently implemented to identify areas of improvement (if any)
- By the end of 90 days, you will create and present a plan for next steps towards working on the area of improvement identified in current processes and be able to perform all your tasks independently and achieve performance objectives.
What’s in it for you? (EVP – Employee Value Proposition)
- You will develop/grow your technical project management, data science, and information systems technology skills via hands-on experience analyzing data to deliver descriptive, predictive, and ultimately prescriptive insights that drive enhanced problem solving and decision making.
- The opportunity to be instrumental in the design and delivery of Talent insights that enable business success and contribute to States Title being a place where the best people in the industry come together to do the best work of their careers.
- Be a part of collaborative, diverse, respectful, all-inclusive, and fantastic team
- Opportunities to strengthen collaborative relationships between the People Team and its many stakeholders and partners including line leadership and management, other support functions, our Professional Employer Organization (PEO) partner, and all frontline staff.
- Relevant training opportunities to keep abreast of external trends in Talent Management in order to create and then maintain a talent advantage for States Title.