Create the model that transforms the mortgage industry
Want to infuse a $20B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
Every mortgage or refinance transaction requires our product: title and escrow. Title insurance protects banks and homeowners against financially irresponsible actors or legal issues that cloud their rights; escrow makes sure the right people get paid at the end of the day.
In an uncertain real estate market, lenders, banks and realtors are dying to know how to boost their margins. They are switching their customers to States Title because our data science algorithms, streamlined deal closing technologies, and overall product experience is leaps and bounds above what they’re used to in terms of speed and value in title and escrow.
Our streamlined algorithms have revolutionized the title and escrow process and allowed us to scale rapidly: we closed our acquisition of North American Title Company in early 2019 to go from startup to #8 in the country. With a broader nationwide footprint and a huge data set for machine learning, we are poised to transform this industry. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership easier and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We're growing our data science team
We're looking for someone who is fired up to develop machine learning products that will transform the real estate industry. Our team works on a variety of novel and exciting problems relating to risk and forecasting, including States Title's patented instant underwriting product. Our team is always evaluating new projects to work on, so there is never a dull moment! Furthermore, your work will have a direct and highly visible business impact throughout the company.
As a data scientist at States Title, you'll take part in a fun and respectful corporate atmosphere. You'll interact frequently with an executive team that has significant accomplishments at Oracle, PayPal, McKinsey, and Capital One behind them. Much more than a model builder, you'll talk directly with customers and stakeholders, vet and negotiate deals with vendors, recommend strategies to change the direction of the company, and discuss data stewardship and model governance with deep legal minds in the public and private sectors.
We're proud of the sophisticated data ingestion process we have built, as well as the multi-model ecosystem that is already live, with its parts working together to orchestrate an instant insurance decision in a robust, well-managed, and well-tested way. We have high expectations of communication, accountability, and mathematical rigor, and are looking for those who would be inspired and stimulated in such an environment.
Do you have what it takes?
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in data science
- Experience and expertise in risk, credit, insurance, and/or financial forecasting is required
- A breadth of knowledge about machine learning techniques, and experience writing production code in Python
- Excitement about delivering risk models that will transform the real estate industry
- Strengths aligned with our needs
- Can you translate business requirements and data understanding into accurate risk models and forecasts?
- When you write Python code that compares a model's performance in production to its expected behavior, does engineering praise the quality of your code?
- Can you communicate technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders, including business partners in product, and senior leadership?
We want to help you do the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make — and the greatest boost we can give your career — is an exceptional team of colleagues who are passionate about what we are doing.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.