Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone to close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than four years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country. Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
As a Staff Product Security Engineer in the core technology team, you will enable end to end security into everything we build. You will be part of an outstanding engineering team that will have a massive impact on the company's future. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to help define the security roadmap, up-level the organization's security focus, and grow as a leader (we believe leadership is an essential skill at every level).
If you are passionate about bringing a security-first mindset into a technology that transforms the world, then this role is for you!
- Overall minimum 7+ years of hands-on software/security engineering experience
- 5 of those years focused on security engineering - application security, pen testing, detecting and preventing web vulnerabilities and automation
- Experience with reviewing product architecture as it relates to security, and building platform and development capabilities that make secure software the default
- Ability to evangelize and lead the adoption of security practices, and educate teams on common vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Hands-on experience with adopting a shift left strategy to enable security in the software development process, adding code scans, dependency checks, and security tests to our development and CI pipelines
- Experience enabling development teams to use and interpret security tools and frameworks, baking security into the code while it is built
- Experience working auth protocols such as OAuth2 or OIDC, as well as designing and/or implementing service authentication and authorization policies
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and continually evolve them to attract and retain the highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.