Grow the brand that transforms the real estate industry!
States Title is seeking a creative, forward-thinking, and collaborative Brand Design Director who will be responsible for marketing design and the visual identity of the company. As a keeper of the brand, the Brand Design Director will lead the design development and growth of States Title’s brand identity system, as well as the creation of marketing collateral, social media assets, special projects, and photoshoots. In partnership with the marketing team, this role will shape States Title’s creative strategy, bringing to the table a clear direction and vision for campaigns, an agile working style, and a high degree of craft.
States Title enables an instant real estate closing experience. The company uses machine intelligence and its patented technology solution to transform residential real estate, making closings instant and affordable. States Title and its family of brands - North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offers solutions for lenders, real estate agents, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction. States Title’s clients include some of the largest bank and non-bank lenders in the U.S. and is rapidly growing.
About the Role
The Brand Design Director will play a critical role in helping to frame States Title's story and how we visually communicate to the world. We’re looking for a self-starter who has the ability to think strategically and act tactically. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves role; you’ll be helping to drive the overall brand and visual identity of the company while also executing on a variety of creative projects to support marketing, sales, and other business objectives. This role reports to the Vice President, Corporate Marketing, and will be responsible for managing a small team of full-time and freelance graphic design resources.
- Collaborate and partner with internal teams across the organization to shape the growth of States Title’s visual identity through world-class creative execution.
- Lead the ideation, creative brief development, art direction, and design execution for projects ranging from sales presentations and templates, to social media assets and brand swag -- and everything in-between.
- Lead a small but nimble team of designers and applicable freelance and/or agency partners. Develop and coach team members; infuse them with strong creative ideas and thorough execution principles, while not compromising agility, flexibility, and quality.
- Clearly communicate design decisions across internal stakeholder groups. Consistently seek feedback to improve the quality of design output and enhance the visual storytelling of the brand.
- Manage a design budget, results reporting, and creative calendar for all creative requests and design in production.
- Remain hands-on with all design projects, ensuring business goals are consistently being met through the delivery of exceptional creative assets.
Measures of Success
You will be measured by your ability to:
- Provide world-class brand design direction and creative consultation across the organization.
- Execute on creative services requests from across the organization, including the successful, high-quality delivery of projects that are on time on and on budget.
- Lead the design development and growth of States Title’s visual brand identity.
Skills & Experience
- Accredited degree in graphic design a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of brand management experience preferably with SaaS or technology companies.
- 2+ years of experience leading a design team or function.
- Deep understanding of how to build brand marketing systems and the ability to apply those systems to develop appropriate business solutions for local market activation.
- Experience working in a role where design was accountable to P&L management.
- Strong analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem-solving skills, and a passion for using data, insights and trends to understand customer behavior.
- The ability to identify and develop innovative ideas in order to create a proprietary advantage.
- Highly proficient in Adobe CC tools; specifically with InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience working with a DAM and project management tools.
- Expert understanding of UX/UI theory and execution to build and develop digital assets across web, social, and mobile.
- An online portfolio of work that clearly articulates strong sensibilities in typography, graphic design, and content design taste, as well as the thought process – not just final design work.
- The ability to be objective about your work and know that sometimes (most times) just because something looks good, it doesn’t mean it is good. You’ll also need to be comfortable opening yourself up to feedback from your colleagues.
- The ability to collaborate with a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Comfortable working with a remote team.
- Knowledge of real estate and/or financial industries a plus.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
- Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
- Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.