Director, Sales/Business Development
Own a key piece of go-to-market strategy to transform the real estate industry!
Want to infuse a $25B sector of the real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join States Title and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild.
States Title is seeking a Director to lead our new Business Development (BDR) team, reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer within the broader go-to-market organization. We are looking for a charismatic leader with a passion for coaching, who is metrics obsessed and a master of new customer acquisition. The mission is to build and grow a high-powered team that is focused on qualifying inbound marketing leads and engaging in proactive and targeted outbound prospecting. This leader will be instrumental in driving corporate growth and the enormous potential ahead as States Title architects the future of residential real estate transactions, led by machine intelligence. This is a strategic role and an excellent opportunity to help transform an age old industry and what is a pivotal life event for all: home ownership.
What will you be doing?
- Build and manage a high-performing team of 8 BDRs, with potential to grow to 20+
- Own and drive execution of new business pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced
- Optimize your team for efficiency, accelerating ramp time to productivity, and ensure they have a crisp understanding of domain knowledge selling to lending institutions
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain world-class BDR talent who consistently overachieve on aggressive goals
- Lead through inspiration, service leadership, and mentoring to guide the BDR team and create career growth opportunities for them, a core value of the States Title business
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3+ years of leadership experience with a track record of excellence leading high performing, pipeline generation organizations in a fast-growing high technology company-- experience in the FinTech industry is a plus
- Excited by attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining world-class talent
- Exceeded personal quotas and consistently pushed teams to do the same, preferably selling to SMBs
- Demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial drive and feel a deep sense of ownership, accountability pride and passion for your work
- Strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Have an obsession with being data-driven, highly analytical, lead through influence, are a structured thinker
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our greatest benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours and an unlimited vacation policy
- A dynamic 401(k) plan and company match program
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.