States Title is a top 10 title and escrow provider that is intelligently transforming closings by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. States Title makes residential real estate simple and efficient, allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost.
We are seeking a passionate leader to own and lead our Escrow operations. Our future is bright and preparing for a 10X growth which will provide many opportunities for this leader to shape people, processes and technology that will transform our industry. Our ideal leader will be an expert at dealing with ambiguity and leading people through change. They will be energized by the responsibility of playing a pivotal role in partnering with our technology team to innovate and simplify our end-to-end experience. This leader will thrive working in a team and alongside other leaders to be brilliant at the basics of running their operation. Most of all, this leader will be committed and intentional in how they drive a positive employee focused culture by leveraging diversity, constantly challenging the status quo, coaching, and developing all around them.
- Deliver against organizational goals for quality, efficiency and employee engagement
- Scale an organization through onboarding new associates and customers, ensuring that your team gets up to speed quickly and is delivering on customer-specific expectations.
- Own your team’s ability to deliver excellent, error-free service in the customer service experience. Constantly measure your team’s progress and ensure their success against key metrics. Create and drive clear solutions to address performance challenges.
- Search constantly for strategic and operational improvements to your team’s processes, structure, and culture and drive these improvements through to solution. Document and formalize these processes to create clear sources of truth and easy-to-follow procedures
- Manage large team and develop people leaders to provide support as supervisors
- Lead team with data-driven approach, leveraging internal performance metrics (e.g., SLA-adherence, file quality, customer communication volume and topics, etc.) and customer health metrics (e.g., communication volume, order volume, etc.)
- Own team staffing and scheduling, meeting month-over-month capacity goals
- Create team operating, management, and performance norms and review cadence
- Provide invaluable operational expertise to the larger organization, including the Customer Success, Product, Business Operations, and Application Support teams
- Collaborate closely with the People Team to hone a scalable associate interview process and develop a consistent, healthy hiring pipeline
- Advocating for customers
- Foster a team experience that manifests the States Title cultural values:
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Have fun! Create encouraging team incentives and promote team cohesion and trust
- Forge excellent relationships with fellow Operations Managers
- Partner with technology team to develop, administer, and rollout new technology improvements and programs.
- 5+ year title, curative, and escrow operations experience
- 3+ year experience as a Senior Escrow officer
- 3+ years in a customer service position
- 3+ years in a leadership position, preference in leading escrow operations
- Ability to lead a Department of >150 associates
- Proven track record of driving results through others
- Proven mastery of title, curative, closing, and post-closing requirements, including state-specific nuances. Proficiency in ResWare a plus!
- Inspire and coach a team to perform at near-maximum capacity
- Execute operational improvements quickly and efficiently based on performance metrics
- Make metrics-driven recommendations and decisions
- Foster a fast-paced, metrics-driven, high-performance work environment
- Navigate and interpret team performance dashboards
- Contingency plan calmly and efficiently as necessary
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as both a team player and leader
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Passion for multitasking and context-switching
- Comfort with constant change and process improvement
- Highly proficient computer skills and open to learning new software/ programs often
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life
We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
Learn something new every day
Get more done than you would anywhere else
Competitive salaries and stock option grants
Top-of-the-line computer equipment
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
Paid Time Off
A modern, dynamic 401(k) plan
Wellness benefits (Health FSA)
Commuter benefits (Transit FSA)